I was going to Procrastinate today, but I'll do it tomorrow

When I had written my first post I felt this is so easy! I would post every week.

I am writing my second post almost after 30 days of my previous post.

Believe me guys when I say that I did write 'Write a post on SimplyLife' in my To Do List several times. I would sit down, write a couple of sentences for the new post, but struggle to complete it. My mind would simply become blank. I had almost given up.

What is it that stopped me from pursuing to write a simple post? It is not that I need some special sort of  'skill' oozing out to write something. 

Have you even started working on something new besides the job that you do for a living? You feel so happy when you attend the first workshop, lecture or create your first poem, article. You feel a new zeal. The creativity flows like blood within you. How many of you succeed in making to the second round??

Resistance, the enemy within!

Resistance is the force within you which takes many forms. It exists to prevent our creative being from taking control of our self.

The following activities elicit resistance in our daily lives:
1) Failing to stick to a particular diet.
2) Unable to hit the gym/yoga routine.
3) Following a healthy routine.
4) Never finding the time to complete that book we started.

We all suffer defeat at the hands of Resistance more than once. It's just like a hitch that makes us too weak to pursue our creative ambitions. 

We have to understand the basic nature of Resistance, our biggest enemy before we stand up against it to take control of our life.
Resistance is an invisible unbiased force which influences all of us. It targets our genius. 
Resistance has no strength of its own. It's biggest weapon is our fear. Fear of the consequences of following our heart. The biggest fear we feel is that our social circle would not approve of our venture. The fear of critics. The fear of falling below our expectation. We need to admit to ourselves the power and resources of the resistance first. Resistance should not be underestimated. It is working against us at all times and it becomes vicious when we approach our goal.   

Resistance can be beaten.
No matter how blank you feel, you need to sit down daily and devote time to your endeavor to overcome resistance. You have to start thinking like a professional from day 1. A pro is dedicated to his work, he doesn't procrastinate. You have to stop paying attention to the What ifs in you mind. The Bhagavad-Gita tells us we have a right only to our labor, not to the fruits of our labor. You must be patient and not let passion burn out of control. You can beat Resistance at its own game by being even more resolute and even more implacable than it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment